I was (or will be) forced to have sex

If you have been or will be forced into having sex with someone it is not your fault and there is help available to you. 

You should call the Police on 999 as soon as you can and they will help.

If you want to talk to someone in Bristol, you can contac the following services for help. Just click on the red hyperlinks for their contact details:

The Bridge – Sexual Assault Centre which sees women, men, children and young people for counselling & advice

BASE– Free and confidential advice, information and support for young people at risk of sexual exploitation or who are in an unsafe sexual relationship

SARSAS (formerly) Bristol Rape Crisis – is a specialist support service for women and girls in Bristol who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any point in their lives; this includes rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, childhood sexual abuse, stalking and any form of sexual intimidation

Off the Record – Free and confidential information, advice and counselling on all issues, including sexual health for young people aged 11 – 25

BROOK – offer free, confidential counselling to young people under 25 at their clinic

Remember, don’t suffer in silence. If you don’t want to talk to someone, think about talking to a family member or friend.

Forced Marriage

If you are worried that you might be forced into a marriage, or are worried about someone else who may be, you should contact the Forced Marriage Unit on:

020 7008 0151 (or 0044 20 7008 0151 if you are overseas)

They’ll need to talk to you on the phone to work out a plan of action. Their caseworkers deal with over 400 cases a year and are fully trained to deal with the emotional, cultural and social issues surrounding forced marriage.

Anything you tell them will be treated with complete confidence

Search Local Services


Safe Teenagers
Hide Me