What is the female condom?
Female condoms are made from thin polyurethane (thin rubber material) and lubricated. The difference between a male and female condom is that the female condom is inserted into the vagina before sex.
How effective is it?
- Condoms are the only contraception that helps protect against STIs AND pregnancy
- There are no medical side effects
- They can be put in up to 8 hours before sex
- Some men and women say it enhances their pleasure
- When using a female condom, you need to make sure the man’s penis enters the condom and not between the condom and the vagina and that the open end of the condom stays outside the vagina.